Chime Communications PLC Proposing acquisition of Just Marketing, Inc.
Chime, the international communications & sports marketing group, is pleased to announce the proposed acquisition of JMI, a global marketing firm focused on motorsports (the "Acquisition"), together with, as part of the funding for the Acquisition, a placing of 8,533,334 new ordinary shares to raise approximately £25.6 million (before expenses) (the "Placing" and together with the Acquisition, the "Transaction").
Highlights of the Acquisition
- Chime has agreed to acquire, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Chime USA. Inc. ("Chime US"), the entire issued share capital of JMI, for a maximum consideration of USD70.6 million (approximately £43.7 million).
- JMI is a global marketing firm focused on motorsports, operating primarily in Formula 1, NASCAR (the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) and IndyCar. JMI provides long-term sponsorship management and activation strategies, together with services including large-scale hospitality events, rights sales, and digital and experiential marketing initiatives.
- The directors of Chime believe that the Acquisition will help the Company fulfil its aspiration of becoming a leading sports marketer. In particular, the Acquisition:
- gives CSM a foothold into the United States, one of the world's largest sports marketing markets;
- provides CSM with a management team with a collective experience in the motorsports industry of over 100 years in addition to CSM's existing team;
- reduces CSM revenue volatility through JMI's multi-year contracts, longstanding relationships and strong revenue visibility;
- provides CSM with cross-selling opportunities; and
- is consistent with CSM's international, full service and multi-sport strategy.
- The Acquisition is expected to be earnings-enhancing in the first full financial year following completion.
- Zakary C. Brown, the founder and CEO of JMI, has relocated to London and, following completion of the Acquisition, will sit on the boards of both JMI and CSM Motorsport Limited ("CSM Motorsport") (a newly incorporated wholly owned UK subsidiary of Chime) as President and CEO. It is intended that the JMI business will be operated as a separate division within CSM.
- The Acquisition and associated expenses will be funded through the Placing and the issue of new ordinary shares in Chime (the "Consideration Shares"), with the balance being satisfied by drawing down on Chime's increased Revolving Credit Facility.
- The Placing will comprise 8,533,334 new ordinary shares (the "Placing Shares") being issued to Placees at 300 pence per Placing Share (the "Issue Price").
- The Issue Price represents a discount of 7.1 per cent. to the Closing Price of 323 pence per Existing Ordinary Share on 24 October 2013.
- The Placing has been fully underwritten by HSBC Bank plc ("HSBC") and Numis Securities Limited ("Numis") (each a "Bookrunner", together the "Joint Bookrunners").
"The acquisition of JMI is an important step in the development of our international, full service and multi-sport strategy. Chime formed its sports and entertainment division in 2007 and since then, the business has grown considerably, building profits to £15.8m in 2012. This acquisition will give us a strong foothold in the United States, one of the largest sports marketing markets in the world, and will accelerate Chime's strategy of becoming a global leader in sports marketing."
"Zak Brown is a major figure in the motorsports world and we are delighted that he is bringing his business to CSM and the opportunities for cross selling to both existing and new clients."
Zak Brown, CEO of JMI , said:
"I am delighted to be joining the Chime group. As part of Chime we can sell other products to our existing clients and I look forward to working with Lord Coe and the entire Chime team across all areas of the sports marketing business."
The Acquisition is conditional on, among other things, the approval of Chime shareholders at a meeting to take place at 12.00 p.m. on 14 November 2013. Shareholders will be sent a combined prospectus and circular (the "Prospectus") containing further details of the Transaction later today.
The Placing is not conditional upon completion of the Acquisition. If Completion does not take place, the Placing would still be completed and funds would be raised by Chime. In these circumstances, the Directors will need to evaluate other appropriate acquisition opportunities and/or how best to return surplus capital to Shareholders.