Hoteloogle.com Announces Results of 2015 New Year's Eve Hotel Pricing and Availability for Top 15 Destination Cities Worldwide
Hoteloogle.com, a leading hotel search engine announced last week its data on pricing and availability for New Years Eve 2014 for the top 15 destination cities, as well as Amsterdam, Berlin & Vienna, home to some of the highest hotel room occupancy rates on New Year's Eve.
The main points of the research showed:
- Amsterdam came first in highest occupancy rate with 96% of its hotel rooms fully booked. The cheapest available 5-star hotel room was priced at $265.
- Berlin and Vienna took the second and third spots for highest occupancy rate with 93% in Berlin and 91% for Vienna.
- The city with the cheapest room rate for a 5-star hotel was in Shanghai priced at only $27, while Tokyo's cheapest 5-star hotel room went for $446.
- Overall, 71% of Dubai and New York hotels were fully booked for New Year's Eve.
- Sydney and Paris both topped that figure with 89%, other occupancy figures show Tokyo at 88%, and Rome at 85%.
- The cheapest 5-star hotel room in London was only $187, $100 in Madrid, $121 in Rome, and just $63 in Istanbul.